Scrolling Share Prices
- Alternatively you could download the new Share Price Loop Web User Control. It will be available for download from the free share price downloads area, and is labelled 'Share Prices 4 Developer (Loop Web User Control)'. To use this control, you will need to create an ajax enabled website/ajax enabled web application, to add it to (placed in the bin folder.) The control has the options to change the main displays colours, and the delay between share prices being displayed.
<object id="Scrollshares" classid="http:TextScroll.dll#TextScroll.UserControl2" height="211" width="611"></object>
Download and install the control. To work in a windows application you need to right click on the toolbox in vs.net pro 2005/vs.net pro/express editions 2008, and select choose items, then browse to the location of the file 'TextScroll.dll'. Next drag and drop UserControl2 to the windows form. Make sure to reference System.Xml.Then run the application. Should work in .NET v2/3/3.5 windows forms applications, to use this windows form control in a wpf application see this article.
- Disk space required for installation: ?
- Processor: That required by a windows pc.
- Memory: That required by a windows pc .
- Operating System: Windows 2000/XP(32/64)/2003(32/64)/Vista(32/64)/2008(32/64).
- IIS v5/6/7 for Web Application hosting. Tested and works on IIS 5.1 and IIS 7. Need to add dll get/head verbs in application mappings under config under IIS 5/5.1.
- .NET framework 2/3(?)/wpf(?)
- Internet access, so as to connect to the Share Price Web Service.
- Internet Explorer Web browser on the clients desktop, plus the rights to view activex controls. Not supported in Firefox web browser.
This product is freeware