- Alternatively use the new Web User Control version. As it works in IE/FireFox/Safari. Download the sample website including the controld dlls.Available in the free downloads section. Its labelled 'Share Price 4 Developers (Web User)'.
- Download and install the control
- Copy the control(.dll and .config) to the folder of the web page that is going to use the control.
- In IIS, make sure that the folder is configured as a web application, and that .dll is configured with get/head verbs in application mappings (only required with IIS v5/5.1).
- Copy and paste the following code to the web page that will display the control. This will work with asp.net v2 web applications/websites/Silverlight projects, by placing the code below in the html page/aspx page that loads the application.
- Make sure the dll file is listed in the Global Assembly Cache. This is done via the .NET Framework 2 Config tool in the Admin Tools.
<object classid="WindowsControlLibrary1.dll#WindowsControlLibrary1.UserControl1" height="250" width="600" id="UserControl1"></object>
Download and install the control. To work in a windows application you need to right click on the toolbox in vs.net pro 2005/vs.net pro/express editions 2008, and select choose items, then browse to the location of the file 'WindowsControlLibrary1.dll'. Next drag and drop UserControl2 to the windows form. Make sure to reference System.Xml.Then run the application. Should work in .NET v2/3/3.5 windows applications, to use this windows form control in a wpf application see this article.
Screenshot of Share Price Control on a windows form in C# Express Edition 2008 (using .NET v3.5)
- Disk space required for installation: ?
- Processor: That required by a windows pc.
- Memory: That required by a windows pc .
- Operating System: Windows 2000/XP(32/64)/2003(32/64)/Vista(32/64)/2008(32/64).
- IIS v5/6/7 for Web Application hosting. Tested and works on IIS 5.1 and IIS 7. Need to add dll get/head verbs in application mappings under config under IIS 5/5.1.
- .NET framework 2/3(?)/wpf(?)
- Internet access, so as to connect to the Share Price Web Service.
- Internet Explorer Web browser on the clients desktop, plus the rights to view activex controls. Not supported in Firefox web browser.
This product is freeware